Source: NPR - Link
Cristian Pavon died last Tuesday, when the local temperature in Conroe had dropped to 12 degrees, according to Jaliza Yera, a relative who set up a fundraising page for his parents. At the time, the family’s home had been without electricity for two days, Yera said.
The lawsuit said the child “died of hypothermia, and the family is asking for more than $100 million in damages,” Houston TV station KHOU news reported, adding that the medical examiner’s office had not yet released a cause of death for the boy.
This is the first of many.